Welcome to Vela
The Vela Theme is for Grav CMS. This theme is focused on usability rather than on design and was made to present large amounts of structured content. Vela is mobile-first, but offers settings to provide a good experience on desktops too.
Having troubles to get started or found a bug? Do not hesitate to open an issue. Like this theme? Leave a star on GitHub or just tell your friends. If you like to contribute to this project pull requests are welcome.
There is very little to no configuration needed to get started with your content. However, some options can be set in the Theme configuration. In the backend navigate to Themes > Vela to find these options.
If you like to have your notices styled like this one you are currently reading, install the Markdown-Notices plugin and simply disable
Use built in CSS in Plugins > Markown-Notices in the GRAV Backend. There you can also change the words "Tip, Note, ...".
- Title in Menu Here you can add a title/name to appear in the top of the menu. You can also provide a HTML-string with inline styles here.
- Logo You can use a logo or not. In case you like to use one, you can upload an image here to appear in the top of the menu. You can also resize your logo as desired.
- Hamburger animation You may use any other animation style. See here for reference.
- Desktop Mode. If enabled, the off-canvas-menu is always open if screen is wider than the
Desktop min widthvalue, which can be set below.
- Desktop min width (pixels). Applies only in desktop mode. If the screen width is wider than the given amount of pixels, the off-canvas menu is always open.
- Parent pages routable in menu. If you have pages with subpages (parents) and you want these parents to be routable from the menu, use this option. Please note: If you do not use desktop-mode or - when in desktop mode - the screen-width is smaller then the amount set above, the menu closes each time you click a parent.
Markdown Notices Settings
- Markdown notice Settings. If you use the Markdown-notices plugin without the built-in-css (disable
built-in-cssin plugin options), the Vela theme will automatically use its own styles for the notices. These include a small text. You can specify here, which text appears above the respective notice.
To present your content, I recommend using plugins. The theme should work fine with most of them. You find plugins for many content types like images, videos or even math on the GRAV plugins page. Vela tries not to make any assumtions on how you present your content.
Table of Contents
Beside a default template Vela comes with an additional template to easily generate a decimal structured table of contents.
Just write Markdown like this, to generate a decimal structure.
1. First part 1. Subpart of first part 1. Some other section 1. Dive into this topic 1. And stay at this level 1. Limits and other things 1. Applications in Science 1. Second part 1. ...
which renders like:
1. First part 1.1 Subpart of first part 1.2 Some other section 1.2.1 Dive into this topic 1.2.2 And stay at this level 1.3 Limits and other things 1.4 Applications in Science 2. Second part ...
Actually you dont even need this template. To generate the TOC without the template, you may simply enable Markdown-Extra and wrap the above Markdown content like this:
<div class="toc-page" markdown="1">